Used for Swedish Hotcakes – Read the orignal post here.
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a saucepan, blend the cornstarch and 1 tbsp. water.
- Add sugar, salt, and remaining water.
- Cook over low heat until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add blueberries and boil for two or three minutes. Mash the blueberries with a potato masher, if desired.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate until use.
Use on pancakes, waffles, ice cream, shortcake, etc….
Ricotta Filling for Crepes
- 1 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar combined with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
In a bowl, gently combine the ricotta with the cream cheese, beaten egg, powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice. If you prefer a smoother mixture, process briefly in a food processor.